Senses and Sciences is new editorial initiative in the international panorama.
It is a quarterly open access journal devoted to the rapid publication of ideas, research articles, commentaries and editorials covering a wide range of disciplines, both medical and scientific in the broader sense.
The reason why to publish a new journal in this field is to fill a gap in the scientific literature: the main idea to establish a link between the five senses and sciences worlds.
The following sections are available:
Anesthesiology and pain therapy (Stefano Brauneis)
Biostatistics (Alice Mannocci)
Dental hygiene (Gianna Nardi)
Dentistry (Fabrizio Guerra, Umberto Romeo)
Dermatology (Nevena Skroza)
Geology (Maurizio Barbieri)
Movement sciences (Daniele Masala)
Neurology (Pietro Caliandro)
Occupational Medicine (Sabina Sernia)
Ophthalmology (Elena Pacella)
Otorhinolaryngology (Antonio Grieco)
Physiatrics (Filippo Camerota, Claudia Celletti)
Public health (Giuseppe La Torre)
Risk management (Anna Santa Guzzo)
Accepted forms are the following:
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
- Randomized clinical trial
- Cohort study
- Case-control study
- Cross-sectional study
- Case report
Moreover, this journal is open also to other scientific disciplines, such as Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Biotechnology, Environmental science, Physics.
What are the benefits of an Open Access journal?
- Accelerated discovery. With open access, researchers can read and build on the findings of others without restriction.
- Public enrichment. Much scientific and medical research is paid for with public funds. Open access allows taxpayers to see the results of their investment.
- Improved education. Open access means that teachers and their students have access to the latest research findings throughout the world.
PARTNERING WITH SENSES AND SCIENCES
We partner with the Teaching Hospital Department of Head and Neck, Sapienza University of Rome, Policlinico Umberto I-Rome